Pipeline Integrity Engineering Services
Acuren is a full-service provider of integrity management programs and field services for pipelines and pressure equipment. For over 40 years we have helped the oil and gas industry operate safely, maximize up-time of pipelines and production facilities, and maintain regulatory compliance.
Our complete service offering allows us to scale solutions to meet the unique needs of a wide range of clients. Acuren takes integrity decisions to a higher level saving our clients thousands on costly repairs and lost production.
Acuren can customize integrity programs for our clients wishing to outsource these functions, or provide specialty programs for companies with in-house capabilities.
Each client has specific needs and expectations and Acuren provides services consistent with client’s operating environment, existing internal capabilities and corporate objectives.
- Development of a Management System and ensuring it is properly documented (e.g. safety & loss management system, process safety management system etc.)
- Development of programs (pipeline integrity management – PIM, damage prevention, management of change, etc.) and operational procedures needed to implement the management system
- Full roll-out and implementation of the system above
- Threat and Risk Assessment studies
- Pipeline Engineering Assessments to meet all jurisdictional regulatory requirements
- Selection of proper mitigation, monitoring and inspection methods based on the threats and risks
- Field inspection of pipelines (integrity digs, over the line surveys, etc.)
- Advanced Fitness-for-Service Engineering Assessments
- Failure analysis and root-cause analysis
- Material selection and specification development
- Litigation support
Annual Client Management
- Work Plan – Budgets: Acuren’s multi-disciplined skill set provides the basis for building appropriate cost models that allow businesses to make better decisions about opportunities to manage overall costs.
- Dashboard Management: Acuren provides regular status reports including Key Performance Indicators (KPI) to coordinators and managers.
Program Management System
- Pipeline Programs: Acuren is actively involved with industry groups and regulatory bodies in an effort to
maintain current and sound knowledge of regulations and best practices as they relate to pipelines. We develop
Pipeline Programs (integrity management, construction, damage prevention, etc.) that address regulatory requirements and match the business processes of the pipeline licensee; over 250 systems have been published.
- Program Audits: Acuren performs internal audits of your Pipeline Programs, providing assurance that the program is properly implemented. We can also support you through your regulatory audits.
Operational Reliability & Risk Assessment
- Risk Assessment: Acuren’s pipeline risk assessment methodology integrates production information, pipeline connectivity, corrosion monitoring and chemical inhibition, to provide near real-time, automated risk assessment information, used to determine risk ranking and recommended monitoring and mitigation programs.
- Integrity Review: This in-depth assessment incorporates the results of all inspections and monitoring activities that are performed on a pipeline system. It then provides the owner with the most complete picture of the current condition of the pipeline system and recommendations for continued reliability.
- Internal Corrosion Assessment (Prediction and Mitigation): Acuren uses the most advanced corrosion models to predict the cost-effective solutions to mitigate corrosion and optimize corrosion inhibition programs.
- Anomaly Evaluation and Fitness-for-Service: Acuren has the expertise and state-of-the-art tools to evaluate corrosion, cracks and crack-like indications, dents, wrinkles or any other anomalies. Based on this assessment, we support clients with decisions on fitness for service and/or repair.
- Change of Service: Acuren completes in-depth engineering assessments for clients on the following: Resumption of Service, Flow Reversal, Maximum and Normal Operating Pressure Increase, H2S Increase, Substance Change, etc. We evaluate the historical operating conditions of your pipelines and recommend cost-effective integrity solutions to ensure the pipelines are ready for their new service condition(s). Regulatory bodies have widely accepted our Engineering Assessments.
In-Line Inspection (ILI) Support
- ILI Selection & Implementation: Acuren has the expertise to support you with the selection of the best ILI tool to be used for your pipeline. Acuren’s team can also support you with running the ILI tool, from planning to field execution.
- Data Assessment: Acuren analyzes ILI data using deterministic and probabilistic models and supports the dig inspection program by selecting the minimum number of digs required, determining the accuracy of the ILI run, and performing the anomaly evaluation.
- Inspection: Acuren has a full team that focuses on Integrity Digs and field inspection that can support your ILI digs.
- Root Cause Investigations: Acuren conducts field investigation and failure analysis on pipelines, pressure vessels, as well as facility and downhole equipment. Mechanical testing, chemical analysis and visual inspection are all used to determine the root cause of a failure. All results are used to provide recommendations for the prevention of future failures.
- Litigation Support: in the event that you require Expert Witnesses and Expert Advice with respect to litigation, our experts have the right expertise to support your pipeline litigations.
- Material Selection: Acuren’s experts can support you with Material Selection for all of your process applications, as well as Mechanical Specification development.
- Licensing and Compliance Reporting: Acuren has the personnel with Regulatory Application experience to support you through your Applications Process. This includes evaluating Notification Requirements, Conducting Notifications on your behalf, and submitting any License Amendments to the Regulatory Bodies (AER / BCOGC / MER).
- Training: Acuren’s educational and training programs can ensure your team is up to date on new codes, standards and regulations. Some of our courses include: Pipeline Integrity Management Program Training, CSA Z662, ASME B31.3, ASME B31.4, ASME B31.8, and Pipeline Crossing Inspection.