Eddy Current Testing
Eddy current testing detects the smallest defects in various materials that can minimize downtime and decrease inspection costs. At Acuren, our certified technicians use specialized eddy current testing equipment to provide a quick and accurate examination of:
- Aircraft and engine components
- Heat exchanger tubing
- Other critical engineering components
Acuren’s eddy current inspection offers a cost-effective technique to inspect metals for surface cracks, pitting, wall loss and other discontinuities.
Eddy current inspection can be used to find the finest surface and near surface flaws in any conductive material. Our highly trained eddy current specialists analyze results using advanced software to differentiate relevant and non-relevant indications.
What can eddy current testing measure?
- Crack detection
- Material thickness measurements
- Coating thickness measurements
- Conductivity measurements for:
- Material identification
- Heat damage detection
- Case depth determination
- Heat treatment monitoring
What types of materials can eddy current testing inspect?
- Aircraft structures, units and engines
- Boilers, heat exchangers, cast iron pipes, and pipelines using remote field testing
- Gears, blades, bolts, bolt holes, threading, shafts, flanges, nozzles
- Manufacturing and transportation equipment
- Automotive parts
Richardson Oilseed is one of Canada’s oldest and largest fully-integrated crushing, refining, processing and packaging operations. In the absence of timely manufacturer support for a critical equipment issue, the full time onsite Acuren Condition Monitoring Specialist was able to diagnose and provide a detailed correction path on a defective trunion bearing.
During a planned outage ultrasonic testing and visual inspection revealed that a significant portion of the pump box floor either needed to be repaired, or cut out and replaced.