Traditional Nondestructive Testing (NDT) and Nondestructive Examination (NDE)
For over 40 years, Acuren has been a world leader in innovative, cost-effective non destructive testing (NDT). Combined with our access optimization and integrated services, our cutting-edge NDT solutions can help you minimize downtime and decrease inspection costs.
Innovative, creative and accurate inspection solutions for over 40 years
Acuren’s suite of non destructive testing solutions provide accurate, reliable, and repeatable results that you can trust.
- We deliver accurate, easy to understand reports to help you make better decisions
- We continually invest in cost saving techniques for our clients
- We remain at the forefront of non destructive testing by investing in equipment, technology and our people
- We rigorously evaluate our equipment, procedures, and staff requirements prior to starting every job
- Our thorough control and reporting practices bring quick, trustworthy results
- Our experts can design and create procedures for your facility
- No matter your location, we have an office nearby to service you quickly and efficiently
- X-ray and gamma radiographic examination of weldments, castings, shop fabrication, and plant piping systems using film, Computed Radiography (CR) or Digital Radiography (DR) imaging
- Internal or external exposure techniques
- Pipeline RT crawler capability for pipe diameters of 6 inches to 60 inches and X-ray tube capacity 160KV to 400KV
- Evaluation of piping or vessel corrosion/erosion problems (FAC/CUI) using profile or shadow-shot techniques
- Cobalt isotopes and Linear Accelerator sources for heavy wall components
- Small Controlled Area Radiography (SCAR) to reduce exclusion boundaries in congested work areas and during intense project execution schedules
- Ultrasonic Thickness Measurement
- Ultrasonic Flaw Detection
Other Non Destructive Testing and Inspection Methods
- Liquid Penetrant Examination
- Magnetic Particle Examination
- Ground Penetrating Radar
- Ground Penetrating RadarWhether it’s a standard excavation or new service installation, a geophysical map for the purposes of engineering, an environmental assessment or a search for potential burial site, Acuren can help.
- Magnetic Testing (MT)Acuren’s Magnetic Particle testing provides instant, cost-effective and easy to interpret results.
- Penetrant Testing (PT)Our penetrant testing provides a low cost, effective method for locating surface defects.
- Radiographic Testing (RT)Acuren’s breadth of radiography services ranges from portable units to large radiographic bays and our linear accelerator.
- Ultrasonic Testing (UT)Acuren’s ultrasonic technicians use innovative technology to detect internal flaws and characterize materials.
- Visual Inspection (VT)Acuren’s technicians are trained and certified to determine material soundness as detailed by the code or specification required.
Each month Acuren Condition Based Monitoring Specialists collect machinery vibration and structure borne ultrasonic data as part of the regular condition monitoring program at Irving Wallboard.
During a planned outage ultrasonic testing and visual inspection revealed that a significant portion of the pump box floor either needed to be repaired, or cut out and replaced.