Acuren has over 900 experienced Level II and Level III MT technicians dedicated to providing accurate, cost-effective results to our customers. Our teams are experienced in both field work and in-lab parts inspections in our nondestructive testing and materials engineering labs located across North America. MT is an effective method for revealing surface and near surface cracks or defects in a wide variety of manufactured materials and components including castings, forgings and weldments.
Acuren’s MT provides fast, cost-effective, reliable evaluation of surface defects.
Magnetic particle inspection has many uses both in the lab and in the field and is effective for:
- Final inspection
- Receiving inspection
- In-process inspection and quality control
- Maintenance and overhaul in the transportation industries
- Plant and machinery maintenance
- Inspection of large components
Magnetic particle testing advantages:
- Can detect both surface and near subsurface indications
- Can inspect large and irregular shapes easily
- Surface preparation not as critical
- Indications are immediately visible directly on the specimen surface
- Inexpensive compared to many other NDT techniques
- Portable inspection especially when used with battery powered equipment
- Quick and relatively uncomplicated
- Is adapted for site or workshop use
- Training is less stringent than for UT, RT or ET
Richardson Oilseed is one of Canada’s oldest and largest fully-integrated crushing, refining, processing and packaging operations. In the absence of timely manufacturer support for a critical equipment issue, the full time onsite Acuren Condition Monitoring Specialist was able to diagnose and provide a detailed correction path on a defective trunion bearing.
During a planned outage ultrasonic testing and visual inspection revealed that a significant portion of the pump box floor either needed to be repaired, or cut out and replaced.