For over 20 years Acuren has been working to save you time and money on projects in difficult to reach and limited access areas. Monitoring assets in difficult to reach and limited access areas is challenging enough without having to coordinate and integrate numerous service providers. We have simplified this process by working as an integrated team to create a one-stop shop. We offer one complete solution including asset installation, inspection, engineering, maintenance, and repair via rope access. Performing tasks of a technical nature at height presents a number of challenges to owners and operators. Depending on the scope of work to be performed the cost of completing work at height can vary from 2 to 10 times the cost of carrying out work at ground level and in some cases the cost of carrying out certain tasks at height becomes cost prohibitive.
Save time and money
Rope access is more cost-effective than traditional methods, saving thousands of dollars in access costs on every project. Overall project length is reduced and schedules streamlined. Smaller exclusion zones keep operating interruptions to a minimum. We offer a full range of rope access services to meet any need.
- Confined space work and training
- 4G-6G welding repairs in difficult to access locations
- High angle rope access industrial maintenance, repairs, mechanical rigging, and installations
- On site fall protection, rescue services, and rescue training
We offer a full line of standard, advanced, and specialized nondestructive testing services including (but not limited to):
- Phased Array
- Guided Wave
- Real-time Radiography
- Computed Radiography
- Visual Inspection
We safely go where others can’t. Safety is always priority #1
- All technicians and equipment meet or exceed industry guidelines (SPRAT and IRATA).
- Technicians are highly trained and independently assessed prior to arriving on-site.
- Every supervisor has the skills to safely plan and execute necessary rigging and rescue plans.
- We devote full-time resources to monitor industry and client safety regulations.
Acuren selects a team of subject matter and/or engineering experts, specific to the work scope, to engage with the customer’s planning team to review all scopes of work at height and related tasks. It is recommended that all work scopes be included so that the option of combining jobs for efficiency purposes can be identified and incorporated into savings. Engagement of this access management team may be as short as one or two days or for many weeks prior to a large scope of work. In some cases a member of the Access Management team is embedded into the customers planning team on a full time basis to assess miscellaneous scopes on a run and maintain basis. Through the use of Acuren’s access management tools and specialists, managing work at height or in confined spaces is no longer the challenge it used to be. Projects that once appeared to be too expensive to undertake are now affordable, projects that took too long to carry out using traditional means can be completed in far less time, and projects where the access portion of the budgeted cost was disproportionate to the work being done are now closer to that of regular work at ground level. Acuren personnel are certified according to the Industrial Rope Access Trade Association (IRATA) which is the World’s leading authority on Industrial Rope Access.
- IRATA aims to support its member companies and trained technicians and to ensure that they Work in a Safe and Effective Manner
- IRATA ensures compliance by:
- Audits of Company Procedures for Rope Access Work;
- Audits of Equipment Regime for Maintenance, Inspection and logging of Equipment;
- Provision of independent assessment and certification of Technicians; and
- Ensuring the level of Safety Supervision is of the highest quality through its rigorous Level 3 Training Program and Assessment Criteria.
We also have OHSAS 18001:2007 Qualification. At Acuren we have taken on the challenge of optimizing access on site i.e. putting the most appropriate access method in place to get the job done safely in the least amount of time for the lowest possible cost.
Richardson Oilseed is one of Canada’s oldest and largest fully-integrated crushing, refining, processing and packaging operations. In the absence of timely manufacturer support for a critical equipment issue, the full time onsite Acuren Condition Monitoring Specialist was able to diagnose and provide a detailed correction path on a defective trunion bearing.
During a planned outage ultrasonic testing and visual inspection revealed that a significant portion of the pump box floor either needed to be repaired, or cut out and replaced.