Advanced NDT and NDE
Advanced NDT and NDE (non destructive testing and engineering) provides faster results, improves accuracy, and saves you money. Acuren’s advanced NDT services use innovative technology to inspect and analyze anomalies in your equipment with fewer disruption to operations. These specialized applications speed up the inspection process and can often provide accurate results without interrupting your workflow. Our advanced NDT services help you reduce overall costs of inspection, decrease maintenance costs, and ensure reliable operating processes. We provide a full spectrum of in-lab and callout advanced NDT / NDE services.
- Alternating Current Field Measurement (ACFM)
- Automated Corrosion Mapping (ACM)
- Digital Radiography (DR) / Computed Radiography (CR)
- Eddy Current Array
- Eddy Current Testing (ET)
- Electromagnetic-acoustic transducers (EMAT) for boiler tube and piping
- Guided Wave Services
- Infrared Thermography
- IRIS Testing
- Close-range laser scanning for metrology and pipeline inspection
- Mid-range laser scanning for tanks and facilities
- Moisture Detection Imaging (MDI)
- Phased Array Ultrasonics (PAUT) with Full Matrix Capture (FMC)
- High Temperature PAUT (up to 700°F)
- Real Time Radiography (RTR)
- Remote Field Testing (RFT)
- Remotely Piloted Inspection Systems
- Time of Flight Diffraction (TOFD)
- Tube to Tube Sheet Weld Inspection
Our programs meet or exceed the recommendations of SNT-TC-1A and in most cases also meet the requirements of CP-189. In addition to Acuren’s internal program, many of our Advanced NDE personnel also hold ISO-9712 and EN473 qualifications in advanced methods such as TOFD, Phased Array, and ACFM. Many technicians also hold client and industry Performance Demonstration Qualifications such as QUTE, QUPE, EPRI, Shell, Suncor, and Chevron.
- Tube to Tube Sheet Weld InspectionAcuren’s experts use advanced digital radiography methods for Tube to Tube sheet inspection that allows unparalleled increased productivity when compared to traditional methods.
- Eddy Current Testing (ET)Eddy Current testing (ET) is sensitive to small defects and provides immediate results with minimal part preparation.
- Laser ScanningLaser Scanning offers an excellent method for assessing many of the factors required for an API 653 internal or external inspection.
- Remotely Piloted Inspection ServicesOur RPAS, commonly referred to as “drones”, is comprised of pilots and system operators with extensive experience, deploys equipment designed from industry leaders, and utilizes software that will accelerate inspection analysis, yielding results of unparalleled quality and value.
- Time of Flight Diffraction Technique (ToFD)This type of ultrasonic testing technique is extensively employed for detection and characterisation of flaws during manufacturing and in-service inspection of critical engineering structures and systems.
- Phased Array ServicesPhased Array sweeps like a searchlight through the object, resulting in a recordable image that reveals defects hidden inside a structure or weld; much like an ultrasound our sonogram used in a hospital.
- Acoustic Emission Testing
- Guided Wave ServicesCapable of detecting internal or external defects, Guided Wave is an advanced NDE technique providing rapid screening of an in-service pipeline.
- Moisture Detection Imaging (MDI)MDI will provide visual confirmation of the presence of moisture within, or under insulation without the use of any other nondestructive examination or testing in real time.
- Digital Radiography (DR) / Computed Radiography (CR)Digital Radiography reduces exposure time, increases shot speeds and creates digital files that are easy to use and store.
Each month Acuren Condition Based Monitoring Specialists collect machinery vibration and structure borne ultrasonic data as part of the regular condition monitoring program at Irving Wallboard.
During a planned outage ultrasonic testing and visual inspection revealed that a significant portion of the pump box floor either needed to be repaired, or cut out and replaced.