Acuren’s team of professional engineers and technologists work with owners, engineers and designers to ensure the best materials are selected for every application. Our staff will consider service environments, fabrication methods, costs, design life, and risk factors to find the optimum materials solutions.
We write or review specifications and, if necessary, utilize our advanced materials testing labs to confirm material performance. Metallic and non-metallic materials can be analyzed for chemical composition, microstructure, material properties, corrosion resistance and environmental stability.
Materials selection by Acuren’s skilled professionals is a critical step in reverse engineering, assessing materials for particular service environments, or ensuring materials meet intended specifications.
Equipment capabilities include:
- Tensile, impact and bend testing
- CTOD testing for fracture toughness
- Hardness testing
- Elevated temperature stress rupture analysis
- Spectrographic, wet chemical and fire assay chemical analysis
- Optical microscopy and micro-hardness testing
- Scanning electron microscopy (SEM)
- Energy dispersive X-ray analysis
- Autoclaves for corrosion testing in high temperature and pressure environments
- Environmental chambers for salt spray, humidity and UV testing
- Mitutoyo stylus tester for surface roughness
- Dimensional measurements (metrology) by CMM