Acuren operates seven fully equipped advanced materials testing laboratories with more than 40 technologists, working alongside 50 materials engineers. Metallic and non-metallic materials can be analyzed for chemical composition, microstructure, material properties, corrosion resistance and environmental stability.
Selected facilities are designated centers of expertise for conducting specialized testing such as NACE sour service testing on oil field tubular goods, long-term fatigue tests, and accelerated aging testing on automotive plastic components. In-house machine shops provide quick and accurate specimen preparation for all laboratory tests. Technical libraries contain an extensive collection of materials standards, both current and historical, for evaluating test results.
Equipment capabilities include:
- Tensile, impact and bend testing
- CTOD testing for fracture toughness
- Hardness testing
- Elevated temperature stress rupture analysis
- Spectrographic, wet chemical and fire assay chemical analysis
- Optical microscopy and micro-hardness testing
- Scanning electron microscopy (SEM)
- Energy dispersive X-ray analysis
- Autoclaves for corrosion testing in high temperature and pressure environments
- Environmental chambers for salt spray, humidity and UV testing
- Mitutoyo stylus tester for surface roughness
- Dimensional measurements (metrology) by CMM